There are many considerations a trader ought to make before diving in. Experience matters. But it won’t count if the features of the selected trading platform are not up to par with expectations.
At the end of the day—and admittedly, a trader gets in with the hopes of making money. And that means risking setting up plans of events such as security breaches–which has resulted in billions of dollars worth of crypto assets disappearing, or the platform offering the asset but falling short on liquidity.
A study by BitWise revealed that the crypto scene is plagued by a range of factors including security features, insufficient customer support, liquidity problems, high withdrawal fees, complex user interface, and for the better part, the absence of desired crypto pairs. On top of this, they showed that most crypto exchanges were deliberately inflating their trading volumes through wash trading.
Depending on the type and methodology employs, the lack of liquidity or inconsistency of price uniformity means problems that demand, first, a change of strategy, and second, a re-assessment of the methodology since price charting is vital during analysis.
What is the Orion Protocol?
The Orion Protocol solves these nagging problems thereby improving user experience.
At the core, Orion is a liquidity aggregating protocol and billing itself as a universal gateway to the crypto market. It is where a trader can confidently trade across chains, since they enable Omni-exchange accessibility, and crucially—liquidity.
The Orion Protocol brings the best features as a customized brokerage platform for convenience to the trader, and flexibility and resourcefulness for the algo developers as spreads are kept low.
With this, the Orion protocol is an interoperable blockchain platform that combines the best features of traditional crypto exchanges, brokers, and instant trading applications. As such, the Orion Protocol simply solves some of the largest protocol in the emerging decentralized finance (DeFi) space by aggregating liquidity from the crypto market in one decentralized, secure, and easy-to-use platform.
From its whitepaper, Orion says their platform is built around a liquidity aggregator that draws liquidity from mainstream crypto exchanges—decentralized and centralized, for the best price discovery.
Overly, this improves user experience but Orion goes a step further and tops this with high-grade security, high reliability, and flexibility, attractive for all cadre of traders.
Orion will be operable from three blockchains: Elrond, Holochain, and Wanchain. This way, a user regardless of his/her allegiance can take advantage of all the technical advantages on offer, creating a network effect of corresponding crypto communities.
The main features of the Orion Protocol are:
- A Liquidity Aggregator: An order-matching engine tailored specifically to present the best of both worlds to a trader seeking for low spreads and instantaneous execution. By drawing liquidity from several exchanges, the trader enjoys the best spreads and this is passed as savings to the user.
- An internal price matching machine: The Orion Protocol DEX–once the number of users increases will match prices on a peer-to-peer basis. Gradually, the platform will be de-linked from third-parties.
- A Non-custodial wallet translating to improved security
Ultimately, the goal of the Orion Protocol is to build a combined platform that connects blockchains and exchanges via its Delegated Proof-of-Broker of which the ORN utility token is integral. With the end-user on focus, the objective is not only to create inter-connectedness between different blockchains but to improve liquidity for better trader experience.
The Orion Protocol offers the following products:
- A Trading Terminal: where traders and investors can search for the best spot prices.
- A portfolio management application for general asset performance tracking and subsequent re-balancing
- A dApp store where a user can buy ORION-based products and trading signals from independent developers.
- An Enterprise trade which is a portal where partnering firms can integrate with their applications/products. The Liquidity Boost Plugin gives immediate access to the liquidity and volume of all the exchanges in the market.
- A DEX launcher from where DEXes can be launched and liquidity drawn from the Orion ecosystem.
Combined, the team is made up of six core members and seven advisors.
Alexey Koloskov,—The CEO responsible for the development of front-end and back-end parts of the Orion Protocol. Before this, he worked for Waves and was part of the team that created its DEX.
Yanush Ali is the Chief Strategy Officer. He was also the founding partner of Next Block Group—an investment platform that focuses on the relationship between developed decentralized base layer protocols and established enterprises.
Timothea Horwell is the Chief Marketing Officer. In the past, she worked as the Head of Research and Marketing at Telefonica.
Nail Fakhrutdinov is the Lead Backend Developer.
David Atkinson, the core masterminds at Holo.
Matt Jones, the client partner at Accenture.
Brad Townsend, the founder of Latitude Services.
Oliver Birch, the VP Communications and Growth at Wanchain
CertiK which audited their smart contracts and core modules. Their Elrond, Holochain, and Wanchain—as Orion promotes blockchain interoperability, and Plutus DeFi who ensure additional yield for stakers.
Orion has also joined hands with MakerDAO, Celsius, and Swissborg, forming is the founding member of WeWork’s Blockchain Labs incubator.
ORN Tokenomics and Distribution
ORN is the platform’s ERC-20 token designed to have deep utility within the Orion Protocol’s broad ecosystem. It is integrated into every transaction and will be used as the main currency within the protocol.
The token is used for:
- Discounted trading
- A holder gets access to advanced features
- There is priority access for holders
- Used for payment in the platform’s dApp marketplace.
- Staking returns
With the token sale scheduled for the second week of July 2020, it marks the first time when a Dynamic Coin Offering (DYCO) by DAO Maker is employed in a public token sale.
In this arrangement, each ORN token purchased will be backed by the USD for up to 16 months after the Token Generation Event (TGE). During this time, the token circulating supply cannot increase.
The project development team will be held accountable since if the investor is not satisfied with their performance, they can opt-out, penalize the team, and get refunded. The team plans to return 80 percent of the raised funds to DYCO participants through refunds.
The ORN token sale plans to raise anywhere between $690k to $3.45 million through private and public sales. Each token will be sold at $0.10 during the token sale and total supply capped at 100 million. Accepted coins are ETH and USDT. Investors from the U.S. can’t participate in the token sale.
ORN tokens will be distributed as follows:
- 45 million will be availed for public investors
- 24 million to the Orion Foundation
- 12 million for the team
- 13 million for marketing
- 6 million for advisors/partners
- The team is experienced and the CEO has already built a successful DEX as part of the Waves blockchain team. Besides, the entire team is experienced with the marketing lead specifically tagging experience from Telefonica.
- Although at an early stage, the Orion Protocol has partnered with established projects. Their deal with CertiK guarantees smart contract security.
- Orion has a fixed supply but through refund opportunities, employing a diminishing supply coupled with unrivaled token utility, they plan to strategically remove ORN tokens from circulation. The scarce ORN tokens become, the higher the price.
- A successful launch of the private mainnet in Q3 2020 together with the punctual release of the Orion Enterprise Trade Widget will be a net positive for ORN price. Already, the Orbit TestNet enters the second phase of testing with a 10,000 USDT Bug Bounty program for the most intricate bugs.
- With the launch of the Orion Protocol, there is convenience and a trader need not hop from one exchange to the next. For instance, the Orion Terminal has familiar elements though with high capabilities as they bring together centralized and decentralized exchanges into one place.
- There will be thousands of crypto pairs (ERC-20 tokens and from other blockchains) availed with deep liquidity.
- Already, BitMax is their inaugural broker. They are the first of the many exchanges, market makers, and OTC desks the DeFi platform plans to sign.
- Once the token is listed at any exchange, prices are likely to pump given the project’s ambition and their goal of revolutionizing trading and governance. There is a potential listing at KuCoin.
- Immediate demand for ORN is expected once the protocol begins deploying liquidity aggregation and DeFi products on the Elrond Network mainnet. As per their statement, their immediate focus will be on the Orion Terminal, the Ethereum Bridge, and MetaMask integration.
- Traders are in full control of their wallets and from a single exchange, they can buy signals or other products from the broad ORN-powered ecosystem. The more users, the higher the demand. This translates to higher prices.
- With the increasing popularity of DEXes, the Orion DEX kit makes it possible for people/firms to launch DEXes at different blockchains with promised assess to high liquidity from Orion’s system. The listing fee will be paid in ORN and so will be trading fees.
- There are 13 revenue streams as the ORN token is deeply entrenched and is the center of all the products the team is trying to build. This brings about immediate sustainability and guaranteed demand.